Aged between 12-18 and love photography? This workshop will show you all about how to use your camera settings and get creative with your photography.
• Class Time: 1pm - 4pm • Duration: 3 hours
• Meeting point: Brisbane Square
You’ll learn to use all the functions on your DSLR camera, and how to give your photos a professional quality. If you want to pursue a career in photography, this is a great class to kickstart your portfolio.
Taught by professional photographer Francis Keating, the class will cover a range of technical aspects and you'll learn about: • Aperture and depth of field
• Using shutter speed
• How to correctly expose photos
• Using composition techniques
• All about different focal lengths
• Using white balance and colour
This is a very hands-on class, so you’ll have plenty of time to practise your new skills on the day and take lots of shots!
• What to bring? A DSLR camera, or a camera with manual mode is preferable, but you may bring any kind of camera (with detachable or built-in lens). Please also be sure to bring plenty of memory cards and fully charged batteries. There will be a substantial amount of hands-on activity involved on the day, so please wear comfortable shoes and bring an umbrella should the weather call for it.
• What's involved? The three hour session will start with an introduction, before a series of mini challenges to help you get to grips with using your camera's settings. Class sizes are kept small (max 6 people) so each participant will have a chance to interact with the professional photographer on a one-to-one basis.
Refund Policy: 5 days notice required for a full refund. Re-scheduling requires 2 days notice. In the case of bad weather (heavy rain) the class may be cancelled and you'll be given the option of rescheduling or a refund.
If you need to reschedule or refund your booking, then please contact the office using the form here . Your instructor is NOT able to refund or reschedule your booking for you.
The instructor was excellent. Knowledgeable and a great teaching style. 5/5 by April Buchholz 29-4-2019
Great as I was a beginner I understood all explanations and had a lot of time practice shots 5/5 by Euan Murray 23-9-2018
My grand daughter Elora is now insoired to continue to practice and learn photography. We were pleased we could lend her quality gear and we shall be encouraging her to keep going. 5/5 by JoanneBrooker 22-9-2018
Jade learnt a lot on how to use her camera.
Thank you for the session. 4/5 by Lesa McLean (for my daughter Jade HARRIS) 15-7-2018
Our 13 year old son participated in the Teenage Course and came back full of enthusiasm and knowledge. He learnt a lot in a short space of time and is keen to join another class. Recommended highly. 5/5 by Joel Horne 8-7-2018
It was helpful in many ways. The tips were very helpful and helped me get a better understanding of my camera and the dynamics needed to take a quality photos. 4/5 by Natasha Simko 7-7-2018
Learned so many new techniques. Very easy to follow. 5/5 by Carmel Tripp 2-7-2017
Excellent! Well organised, great content, clearly explained and demonstrated, great atmosphere and fun! 5/5 by Rhiannon Baltzer 18-1-2016
My teenage son really enjoyed it. He said he learnt loads of skills on his new camera and now would like to do a night photography course. He said his teacher was very easy to understand and he enjoyed the areas of photography that he learnt about 5/5 by LUIS Arnet 16-1-2016
Francis explained the terms really clearly, and how they could be used to create certain effects in your photographs. It really clarified my understanding of various photographic terms. 5/5 by Jenny Gill 2-3-2015